Tuesday 28 October 2008

I HAVE ONLY REALLY EVER LOVED ONE PERSON IN MY LIFE

Moulin Rouge - Not a Dry Eye in the House

[via FoxyTunes / Meat Loaf]




I want to be honest I have only ever loved one person in my life and I left him at 16. I hope he knows who he is. I met him when I was 14 and LOVED HIM and Always have and always will.

He was two years older than me he lived just down the road. He lived at home with his mum and dad. I remember he had a brother called Nigel, a bother Called Steve who was a bit weird and a sister called Susan. His parents were also foster carers. I used to love going to that house there used to be children everywhere it was always full of kids and babies and I always felt safe there. He was a roofer and had freckles all over; he melted my heart and broke my heart too.


My mum had decided to leave my step dad and I remember we had left in the middle of the night. I was 14 and my sister was now 12, my step monster sister was 10 and my brothers were now 8 and 6. We moved into a maisonette on the top floor of a block of 3 in LEEDS. I was a bit of a Tomboy and loved playing football and boys stuff like climbing trees etc. I wasn’t aloud out much because most of the time my mum worked and I had to look after the kids. My mum used to empty jukeboxes in pubs and was out most of the day and sometimes didn’t get home till late at night. So my routine was take the younger kids to school on my way to school Id drop them off I was lucky because there school was basically opposite to where we lived then I would walk the 20 minute walk to my School.

The problem was I was bullied at school like my son and didn’t really go to school much I used to sign in the register then leave and go meet my friends and we would go to Tam O shanters in Leeds and play pool all day then get the bus home in time for me to pick the kids up from school.

If I did go to School two girls used to follow me home every night and kick the shit out of me well one did while the other egged her on. I once asked her why she did it she replied cos I don’t like you! Ha life hey. Hope they are proud of their youth and they remember what they did. They made my life hell Vanessa Fenton and Deborah Shanahan thank ladies you helped me realise what life can be like being bullied and I hope no one ever bullies your kids or grand kids

HOW I LOST MY LOVE
Because my boyfriend was older than me he used to go out on a Friday night with his mates to the local pub. I used to have to baby sit my younger brothers and sisters because my Mum used to go out with her friend Susan I didn’t mind cos it gave me some time to my self.


You have to understand my mum was blonde very pretty and single now. She used to go out at night to pubs and clubs and enjoy her now single life. This particular night she came home from the Pub and told me she had been up to the pub where my boyfriend used to go and he was in there with his mates.

She must have been talking to him all night and she told me they had all gone for a Curry to Naffees in Headingley after the pub. She then told me that she had given them all a lift home and my boyfriend was the last one in the car. She then told me something that broke my heart forever She said “ He had tried it on with her and told her that he only went out with me to get close to her” I was in total shock she told me I was never aloud to see him again.

Can you imagine maybe you can how I was feeling I was destroyed and I remember crying myself to sleep? It was then I realised I had to get away from her from Him from everyone. I had always planned to get away when I was 16 and this was a good reason. Even now grown up and through what I have been through in my life I still think that night was the start of my downtrodden life.

It was a few weeks later I was looking through the Yorkshire Evening Post and saw a vacancy for an Aupair.to work in Spain. I applied for the job and had to go to Hull for the interview. I remember asking my mum for the fair to go to hull she was reluctant but she did in the end I was praying I got the job and I did thank god.

I was lucky and two days after I left School I left home and left for Spain to be an Aupair.

I don’t think I have ever forgiven her or him for what he did but its strange years later I was told by my sister my mum lied whether she did or didn’t it doesn’t really matter now I lost the only person I have ever loved I mean really loved and I am sorry to say that also includes my ex-husband.

No comments: